Who we are
Information we collect
Greylock may collect the following categories of information, some of which you may voluntarily provide, from your use of the Site or Greylock resources:
- Identification Data, including your name, title, job title, and company name.
- Contact Data, including your phone number, address, and email address.
- Cookie and Device Data, including information about your visit to our website, IP address, device identifier, browser type and version, operating system and network, location and time zone setting, and other similar tracking technology as further explained below.
- Event Registration Data, including Identification Data, Contact Data, and other information you provide to us when you access various Greylock content, such as whitepapers, videos, or other research materials.
- Job Applicant Data, including Identification Data and Contact Data, resume and other data provided by you or third parties (e.g. recruiters) on our website in connection with job openings.
- Third Party Information. We may also collect these same categories of information through the use of our third-party marketing and content syndication vendors.
How we use or share information
Greylock may use personal information you provide in order to contact you. For example, if you sign up for the Greylock newsletter, Greylock may use your contact information to send you the Greylock newsletter and other communications from Greylock. If you provide Greylock with contact information or other information about yourself in connection with a Greylock event, Greylock may use that information internally and to communicate with you regarding Greylock’s events. Aggregated Information: Greylock may share information in aggregate form (i.e., that cannot reasonably identify a particular individual) with third parties for business purposes, such as consultants and advisors to Greylock. Protection of Greylock and Others: Greylock may disclose your information to a third party if required to do so by law or if, in good faith, Greylock believes that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law, court order or with other legal process; (2) protect and/or defend Greylock’s rights and property or prevent fraud; (3) protect Greylock against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of Greylock’s products or services; or (4) protect the rights, safety and/or property of its personnel, affiliates, users of this Site or the public.
How we protect your data
We have a set of reasonable technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to its integrity. They have been designed by taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy, the costs involved and the current industry standards and practice.
Our data security procedures include: access security, backup systems, monitoring, review and maintenance, management of security incidents and continuity. Your personal data will only be processed by a third-party Data Processor if they agree to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
Information Request and Removal
You may request the specific pieces of personal information we have collected from you or request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we may need to retain such information in certain circumstances if it is necessary to provide you with services you requested or if we use such data only for our internal analytical use. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you access to our Site or services, or provide you a lower quality of services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.